Activities and Attractions
Whitehorse offers unlimited options for indoor and outdoor activities.
Less than an hour—in various directions—are the refreshing hot springs, the Yukon Wilderness Preserve, and numerous wilderness tour operators eager to share their Yukon with you.
- Takhini Hot Springs: Soak, swim and relax in the natural mineral waters of two connected hot pools.
- Yukon Wildlife Preserve: A unique wildlife viewing property featuring 10 species of northern Canadian mammals in their natural environment; encompassing over 700 acres with various natural habitats.
- MacBride Museum: Enjoy guided tours with knowledgeable interpreters, and a chance to try your hand at one of the territory’s oldest professions – gold panning.
- Yukon Transportation Museum: Learn about the ancient land of Beringia, home to giants like the woolly mammoth, giant short-faced bear, and the ferocious scimitar cat.
- Yukon Beringia Interpretive Center: Learn about the ancient land of Beringia, home to giants like the woolly mammoth, giant short-faced bear, and the ferocious scimitar cat.
- SS Klondike National Historic Site: Restored to her original 1937-40 appearance, the S.S. Klondike pays tribute to an era of riverboat transportation that linked the Yukon to the outside world before the advent of roads.
Dig deeper into the Yukon’s extraordinary activities here: www.travelyukon.com/en/discover/uniquely-yukon/activities