Summer Student Support Officer for Venues, Logistics and Athlete Services
Required: Some University/College
Hours: Full time (37.5 hours/week)
Work dates: May 13 to August 30, 2019 (16 weeks)
Wages: $15/ hour
Closing date: 4pm, Friday, May 3rd
Start Date: Monday, May 13th
Supervisor: Manager of Athlete Services, Venues, and Logistics
This position is responsible for working within the Host Society structure to support the Manager of Athlete Services, Venue, and Logistics in their planning and operations for Arctic Winter Games. Some duties under Culture and Ceremonies or the Sport divisions may be required.
- Ability to write and communicate clearly
- Class 5 Driver’s license
Job responsibilities will consist of all aspects of Athlete Services, Venues, and Logistics: including Accomodation, Food Services, Medical Services, Venue Management and Fit Out, Green Plan, Spectator Services, Transportation, Communications, Security, and Warehousing.
Primary areas of responsibility:
To regularly liaise, communicate and work with other Games staff and volunteers in all divisions in order to coordinate the integration of Athlete Services, Venues, Logistics, Sport, and Culture and Ceremonies with other components of the Arctic Winter Games, to fulfill required Games administrative activities, and to participate in Games communication functions on behalf of the respective divisions.
The position will be a part of a 12 person office environment, all of whom are working on different aspects of planning for the Arctic Winter Games. The summer of 2019 will require this student to be a part of planning such as:
– To support venue operations requirements, including access agreements, storage, waste management, maintenance, etc.;
– To coordinate spectator service requirements for the Games, including concessions, first aid, information kiosks, seating, lost and found etc;
– To coordinate venue fit-out and decommissioning, including tents, fencing, bleachers, furniture, utilities, public address systems, scoreboards, etc;
– To coordinate the Green Plan for the Games;
– To assist in determining all the accommodation, food services, medical services, entertainment requirements necessary to deliver all aspects of the Athlete Services program to standard;
– To support the Manager in the planning, development, and operations of the division, ensuring interdependencies with other divisions are observed and requirements met; and
– To support the Manager of Culture and Ceremonies as required.
May require occasional heavy lifting and time spent out of an office environment.
This is an evolving position and responsibilities may shift over time.
For more information, and/or to apply, contact:
Manager of Venues, Logistics, and Athlete Services
Closing Date: 4pm, Friday May 3, 2019