Register to Volunteer
Already a volunteer? Click below to login to your GEMS.pro profile.
If you are a new volunteer, please read the important information below and then click on the “Register Now!” button.
Here are a few things you should know before starting the registration process:
- You do not need to know your availability for March 2020 in order to start your registration – you can add that information later as it becomes known.
- You will need a valid email address; if you don’t have an email address, please come to the AWG Headquarters office at NVD Place (across from Qwanlin Mall) and we’ll be able to help you complete your registration.
- You will need information for one emergency contact.
- You can upload a photo when first registering or at any time in the future. You must save the photo first to your computer then upload from there. Limited editing is available.
- If you indicate having any certifications, you will be required to provide proof of such certification through the screening and assignment process.
- You will be asked to select a clothing size for the Volunteer Uniform – the AWG Volunteer Gear Sizing Chart is included here for your reference.
- You will be asked to create a password for your profile. Keep this password in a safe place, as you will need it to login to your profile from now until Games-time.
- It will take up to 15 minutes to complete the required fields on the registration form (these are marked with *) – Note: you can’t save unless these are all completed.
- Should you become inactive for more than 30 minutes, the registration form will time you out and you will need to start again.
- The system does not save your work until you click “Save”.
If you wish to print and save the Volunteer Commitment and Consent form for future reference, the document can be found here: Volunteer Commitment and Consent Form.
We are happy to answer additional questions or assist in the completion of your application. Please contact us at email@example.com.
When you are finished your registration, please go to the Screening tab to complete the forms necessary for this part of your Volunteer Experience.
Please follow the instructions above for adults to get ready to register. In addition, please note:
- The minimum age for volunteers is 13 years of age, as of December 31, 2019; the maximum age for youth volunteers is 18 years of age on the same date.
- The emergency contact information MUST be for your parent/guardian – an email contact is required.
- A few weeks after you register, a parent consent form will be emailed to your parent/guardian; you and your parent/guardian will need to read and sign the parental consent form and hand it in at the AWG Headquarters office at Unit 300, NVD Place, 4th and Ogilvie (across from Qwanlin Mall).
The form is available here to print and save for future reference: Parent Consent Form