Logistics Division Venue Representatives
The Arctic Winter Games (AWG) Logistics Division (LD), who coordinates security, transportation, and materials management, is recruiting volunteers with good communication and organizational skills to act as liaisons on each AWG Venue Team (e.g. Canada Games Centre, Mt. Sima, Takhini Arena, etc).
Venue Teams, are comprised of 10 to 15 representatives from other Divisions of the AWG, and have been established to prepare the various sites.
The role of the LD Venue Rep is to participate in the planning of the AWG events at their respective venue by attending all monthly meetings and acting as the communication liaison between the Venues and the LD Committees. The LD Venue Reps will be needed until the completion of the Games in March 2020.
If you would be interested in getting involved in the preparations of the AWG in Whitehorse, please contact David Morgan at 867-333-1254 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this role in greater detail.
Games Time Volunteer Opportunities (March 15-21, 2020)
There are many opportunities for you to volunteer during Games time. When you register to volunteer, you will be asked to select areas of interest.
Below is a sample of various roles you could play.
Creating the spirit of the Games:
- welcome and/or send off to Contingents (athletes, coaches, etc.)
- be a mascot or a mascot handler
- be a photographer to capture special moments and memories
Moving people and things:
- help move luggage, cargo, sport equipment, etc. to/from venues
- help set up the venues before the Games
- help take down the venues after the Games
- be a driver to deliver supplies/equipment to various locations
Supporting athletes, spectators and guests:
- help with athlete entertainment events
- provide information in venues
- sell tickets at various box office location
- usher guests to spectator seating areas
- help with a sport
Delivering Venue Services:
- be part of the Green Team
- help with access control in/out of venues
- help with parking lot services
- help with security
- use your IT skills in venues
Supporting the Games Volunteers:
- provide support to volunteers in Volunteer Lounges
- work in the Volunteer Centre to help volunteers with questions
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!