The Whitehorse 2020 Arctic Winter Games (AWG2020) is looking for energetic and responsible volunteers to represent our fast-paced and detail-oriented Logistics Division. As a Logistics Representative, you will be assigned to one of our Games Venues and be part of the development on a Venue Team.
Responsibilities involve communication, coordination and delivery of areas in Material Management, Parking, Security, Signage and Transportation. During Games time in March 2020, as a leader in Logistics, you will deliver a life-shaping experience to 2000+ youth participants and the Whitehorse community.
If you’re interested in joining the Logistics team and would like to see a full job description, please contact Courtney Nichol (Project Manager, Workforce & Accreditation): email@example.com
In this impactful volunteer role, you will contribute to the planning, coordination, and delivery of an accommodation venue for the Whitehorse 2020 Arctic Winter Games (AWG2020). With this role, you will be assigned to a specific school (accommodation venue) and assist with providing a safe and comfortable living environment for all participants. While representing the Athlete Services Division, you will work alongside committed volunteers from all areas of the games to plan and coordinate an accommodation venue from the ground up.
If you’re interested in joining the accommodation team and would like to see a full job description, please contact Courtney Nichol (Project Manager, Workforce & Accreditation): firstname.lastname@example.org
Games Time Volunteer Opportunities (March 15-21, 2020)
There are many opportunities for you to volunteer during Games time. When you register to volunteer, you will be asked to select areas of interest.
Below is a sample of various roles you could play.
Creating the spirit of the Games:
- welcome and/or send off to Contingents (athletes, coaches, etc.)
- be a mascot or a mascot handler
- be a photographer to capture special moments and memories
Moving people and things:
- help move luggage, cargo, sport equipment, etc. to/from venues
- help set up the venues before the Games
- help take down the venues after the Games
- be a driver to deliver supplies/equipment to various locations
Supporting athletes, spectators and guests:
- help with athlete entertainment events
- provide information in venues
- sell tickets at various box office location
- usher guests to spectator seating areas
- help with a sport
Delivering Venue Services:
- be part of the Zero Waste Team
- help with access control in/out of venues
- help with parking lot services
- help with security
- use your IT skills in venues
Supporting the Games Volunteers:
- provide support to volunteers in Volunteer Lounges
- work in the Volunteer Centre to help volunteers with questions
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!